RE-ELECT PENRY GUSTAFSON FOR
JOIN THE TEAM TODAY!
CONTRIBUTE TO THE CAMPAIGN
SUPPORT PENRY GUSTAFSON FOR STATE SENATE
ABOUT PENRY GUSTAFSON
LEARN WHY PENRY WANTS TO CONTINUE SERVING OUR COMMUNITY
Penry Gustafson, 53, serves over 110,000 constituents in South Carolina’s third largest geographic district. Penry was the only female senator elected in 2020. Out of 46 senators, only five are women, and she is the first Republican elected to District 27 in over a hundred years. She serves on Agriculture and Natural Resources, Family and Veterans Services, Corrections and Penology, and Judiciary Committees. During the 124th Session (2020-2022), Gustafson sponsored or co-sponsored 15 general bills signed into law.
Legislative Accomplishments Include:
- Safeguarding our Veterans and Military (S.317, H.3797)
- Promoting educational choices in our state and protecting our children (H.4300, H.3360, H.3908, H.4023, S.39, S.134, S.245, S.285, S.418, S.612)
- Supporting Families (H.3553, S.341, S.380, S.394, S.474, S.602, S.612)
- Protecting First Responders and their families (S.108 and H.3691)
- Improving Public Safety, Security, and Reducing Violent Crimes (S.96, S.304, S.330, H.3503, S.363, S.1, S.36, S.120)
- Backing Agriculture, Agri-Business, and our Farmers (S.101, S.449, S.576, S.603)
- Keeping Taxes Low and Budgets in-line ($100m in recurring tax cuts)
- Limiting Red Tape and Bureaucratic Waste (S. 259, S.399, S.406, S.483, S.549, H 3.952)
Senator Gustafson was named an “Elected Woman of Excellence” by the National Foundation for Women Legislators (NFWL) and currently is a South Carolina State Director. She serves on the Board of Directors for Game Changers and the Santee Lynches Council of Government (SLCOG). She graduated from Newberry College in 1992 and furthered her education with a full graduate assistantship at USC-Columbia. She has championed those most vulnerable or underserved through decades of community service and advocacy. Her wide-ranging career includes coordinator of Operation Inasmuch of the Midlands, top 10% sales producer with Delta Foremost, and case manager for adults with special needs. In younger years, she enjoyed owning a restaurant. She and her husband Todd live in Camden, SC. Todd is a combat war veteran, retired Lt. Colonel from the US Army, and a retired CRNA. Their blended family includes children William, Maggie, and Drew and their goldendoodle Grace. They love spending time on Lake Wateree, traveling, and listening to live music. When the calendar allows, they both enjoy performing in local community theatre. Born and raised in Columbia, South Carolina, Senator Gustafson is honored to represent her home state.